LootDecember 26, 2006
It was a great Christmas-time in Chicago. I saw my whole family, ate tons of delicious foods, and gave and received a bunch of presents. I feel loved; check out this haul:
Five clammbon-related ceedees, from myself.
Pick Me Up, a kind of kids’ encyclopedia. Katy got me this because I was staring at its hep graphic design (including 3D cover by eBoy) for so long at the store.
Katy had my name for the gift exchange, and she went all-out:
- $65 in iTunes gift cards, combining the card from Katy and the one in my stocking.
Merriam-Webster’s Concise Dictionary of English Usage.
Ostrich slippers. I asked for ridiculous animal slippers; Katy really came through.
From Mom & Dad:
- Eats, Shoots, and Leaves 2007 Calendar.
- The Great Eskimo Vocabulary Hoax by Geofferey K. Pullum.
- Word Origins And How We Know Them by Anatoly Liberman.
- The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker.
A nice Pierre Cardin suitcase that Joe & Mindy were going to throw out because it was so beat up. It’s still the nicest suitcase I’ve ever owned. Maybe I can get it cleaned up.
The Seafarers of Catan from Ann. We’re going to have some intense Settlers sessions when Jules and hachi are here.
A big pack of choco-covered mocha beans from Kodos. People keep giving me stuff without warning! I’ll have to counter with some New Year’s zons or something.